UX Researcher II
1 Facebook Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: UX Researcher II
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for our billion+ users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. For this position, we are looking for a mixed method methodological generalist, with broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and an understanding of quantitative concepts. This position is based in our MPK office. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design.
The Team is looking for someone to establish an evaluative program of research cutting across a wide host of new product offerings, covering technologies focusing on augmented reality and computational photography. This role will mainly focus on qualitative studies with the opportunity to pursue some quantitative work (e.g., surveys) as well.
- 2+ years' experience in HCI, information systems, or related field -- or -- MS/PhD in communication, information science, human-computer interaction, psychology, media studies, linguistics, anthropology, sociology, market research or a related field
- Work closely with product teams to on defined research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- BA/BS degree in marketing, or a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) MA / PhD preferred.
- Experience in applied product research