UX Researcher IV
311 Airport Blvd Burlingame, CA 94010 US
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
UX Researcher IV
We are looking for a motivated UX researcher with excellent communication and people skills. Strong candidates will demonstrate a rigorous approach to UX research methods as well as have experience shipping consumer software and hardware. You will work with fellow UX researchers as well as multi-disciplinary hardware and software teams to push the boundaries of what is possible in the realm of our current and future device experiences.
Ultimately, your expertise and ingenuity in research must do more than just contribute to knowledge – you must also be skilled at driving measurable positive impact on the product and user experience. Ideal candidates will have experience running ongoing research programs where studies are happening at a steady pace of intake and output.
- Able to drive impact through a range of research approaches and tools, including internal and external literature review, qualitative methods (observation, contextual inquiry, interview), usability, experimentation, telemetry and quantitative research.
- Able to work closely with other UX researchers to help design research plans and specific studies, as well as communicate findings with stakeholders and drive impact of the work.
- Able to work independently executing research, including data collection, data analysis, reporting, share outs, and knowledge consolidation.
- Able to work with partner teams (human factors, perceptual science, industrial design) to ensure our research accounts for their needs and creates a complete picture of the user experience.
- Able to engage other product researchers in other teams to ensure strong sharing and collaboration practices across the company.
- 6+ years of experience doing product UX research at a tech company, startup or research/marketing company is ideal. Open to considering time in University research positions as part of their experience years.
- Experience in one or more phases of the product lifecycle, from early generative research – to ship – to in-market UX research. Preference for mixed methods proficiency, although qualitative research expertise with survey design experience is acceptable
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative research approaches and deliver insights that have had demonstrable impact on their product(s)
- PhD (ideal), Ma/MS or MBA (minimum) in Human-computer interaction, Psychology, Statistics or applied statistics, Computer science, Information systems, Design, Anthropology, or related field