UX Researcher IV
Jefferson Dr Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: UX Researcher IV
Our client is looking for a User Experience Researcher to help us better understand people' s experiences with and needs for ads, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a seasoned researcher with broad skills in both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about user experience design and research, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and passionate about Instagram and understanding ad experiences. This position is based in our Menlo Park Office.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and quantitative methods
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, data science, engineering, marketing and content strategy
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- 5+ years of Mixed Methods experience preferred (Quantitative is a must have)
- Participate in cross functional discussions with leads and being an advocate for user insights for the design and development process
- Working with stakeholders to scope and prioritize projects
- Design and fielding surveys within the app
- Managing ongoing qualitative research programs
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with survey design and bias correction
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Command of qualitative and user-centered design methods, from ethnographic to usability to survey design and analysis
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful business questions
- Experience communicating with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Product Managers, Designers, Product Marketers, and Engineers
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
Education: BA/BS degree in marketing, or a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) MA / PhD preferred. Experience in applied product research.