1531 Utah Avenue South , Suite 400 Seattle, WA 98134 US
Pay range is $24 - $29 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
We're seeking a passionate and detail-oriented Usability Researcher to join our user research team. If you're excited about diving into the world of user research, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and ensuring that our products are intuitive and user-friendly, we want to hear from you.
As a Usability Researcher at our company, you will play a crucial role in improving the user experience of our products. You will be responsible for conducting onsite usability research with both external and internal participants. We are looking for an individual who is not only a skilled interviewer but also possesses a keen attention to detail and the ability to proactively seek clarity and insights. This role requires someone who can work effectively in ambiguous situations and is comfortable collaborating with various cross-functional teams.
- Conduct onsite usability research with external and internal participants.
- Act as an eloquent interviewer, ensuring participants are comfortable and engaged.
- Pay meticulous attention to detail during research sessions and documentation.
- Proactively ask for clarification and exhibit curiosity in uncovering user insights.
- Feel comfortable speaking up and providing a perspective on research findings.
- Work with ambiguity, and be able to handle urgent situations ("fighting fires").
- Collaborate in weekly team meetings and work closely with cross-functional teams (XFN).
- Familiarize yourself with the devices used in research and submit SRT (System Reliability Test) reports.
- Be hands-on with participants and manage research assistants (RAs) effectively.
- Maintain a balance between the quantity and quality of research conducted.
- Extract actionable insights from research findings and effectively communicate them to the team.
- Ensure the execution of research activities is conducted properly and in line with best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related discipline). Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in conducting usability research, including onsite sessions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to make participants feel comfortable.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage research documentation.
- Proactive attitude with a natural curiosity to uncover user insights.
- Comfortable working in an environment with ambiguity and tight timelines.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with various devices and platforms used in usability research.
- Experience managing or working with research assistants (RAs) is a plus.
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable recommendations.