Vendor Management Specialist
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Reporting to the Vendor Management Leader the Vendor Management Specialist will be responsible for end-to-end vendor management activities, including but not limited to partnering with internal stakeholders, data analysis, research, negotiation strategy development, proposal analysis, and vendor contract reviews and implementation. The vendor management specialist is an individual contributor who may also be tasked with supporting management in key high-level vendor management initiatives. This position requires dedicated problem solving, contract negotiations, internal customer relations, and vendor management.
- Analyze vendor performance to assess compliance-to-contract
- Analyze monthly spend reports, PO data and head count reports
- Manage RFX activities as assigned.
- Review Purchase Requests and related documentation to help ensure requisite quality standards are achieved
- Review contracts (MPSA, MSA, SOWs, Order Forms, etc.) to ensure clear, correct and comprehensive agreements are developed in conjunction with the Engagement Owners and sourcing
- Review Vendor Risk Assessment outputs to ensure risk has been appropriately assessed
- Ensure compliance to processes and policies to reduce / mitigate risks
- Lead and/or participate in contract negotiations and coordinates the review and approval process
- Support difficult or complex contracts and assist with managing “ hot vendors”
- Tracking contracted service levels
- Create successful relationship with vendor contacts at all levels of the organization
- Support establishing SLA and metrics reflecting the desired level and quality of service
- Track progress and report status of issues that have been escalated to the VMO
- Prepare and review vendor contracts, quotes, and proposals.
- Partner with Legal and Security teams during new vendor on boarding to ensure business requirements are met at engagement onset.
- Vendor relations and management, including quarterly business reviews and monthly business reviews
- Create strong business relationships with internal stakeholders as a trusted advisor who influences buying behavior and drives savings.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of vendor management principles and practices
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience with creating executive powerpoint presentations
- Creating RFX evaluation templates
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business or related field.
- Metrics driven, with the ability to exercise judgment and operate independently.
- Ability to prioritize requests and communicate effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- IT contract experience
- Strong work ethic, team player, and a sense of humor.
- A Bachelor' s degree in an analytical field is required: general business, economics, psychology, computer science, mathematics, statistics, political science or finance (candidates with significant related experience with a non-analytical degree will be considered)
- MBA or other advanced degree is desirable